Bible Study – The Historical Books. An Eastern Orthodox Christian Perspective. This Bible Study video series is conducted from an Eastern Orthodox Christian perspective. Please keep in mind that the Eastern Orthodox Church today continues to use the Septuagint (LXX) as their Old Testament.
Where there are naming differences in the books of this Bible study, those differences will be noted accordingly.
For spiritual guidance or clarification, please consult with your Priest or spiritual advisor.
Within the Eastern Orthodox Christian tradition, the Pentateuch (also known as: The Torah; The 5 Books of Moses; and The Law) is included in the the Historical Books:
- Joshua – https://youtu.be/v3sPT6IDI3M
- Judges – https://youtu.be/Y-jUIuDmJ64
- Ruth: https://youtu.be/lQI9ToDv4G4
- Esther and Additions to Esther: https://youtu.be/3CbESsstOpM
- Judith: https://youtu.be/hbnASx92-pI
- 1 Samuel (1 Kingdoms): https://youtu.be/ksQEuIONceY
- 2 Samuel (2 Kingdoms): https://youtu.be/vYSiqPJRs7A
- 1 Kings (3 Kingdoms)
- 2 King (4 Kingdoms)
- 1 Chronicles (1 Paraleipomenon)
- 2 Chronicles (2 Paraleipomenon)
- 1 Ezra (2 Esdras)
- 2 Ezra (Ezra/2 Esdras)
- 1 Maccabees
- 2 Maccabees
- 3 Maccabees